General > Rant's and Raves.

ASPCA vs. HSUS

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hercsmom:

--- Quote from: MattG on April 10, 2009, 02:59:11 AM ---The HSUS does not operate any form of animal shelter but is more of an education/advocacy/political group.

The ASPCA, while advertising nationally, is actually just the SPCA of New York.  The have an animal shelter, however, do not, generally, perform any functions nationally.  They are the oldest animal welfare agency in the US, however, again, are ONLY the SPCA of New York.

Matt Green

--- End quote ---

Beg to Differ Matt... the ASPCA is a NYS entity... but they DO have national reach and reach all over the place with much needed money for piss poor shelters all over the country.

When people ask me to explain the difference between HSUS and ASPCA I tell them one gets in the trenches and gets dirty and the other one does not.

Hercsmom:

I am guessing ASPCA is a major funder for all these dogs while they await their fate...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/09/crimesider/entry5147727.shtml

MattG:
Actually not.  The ASPCA has been coming under a lot of fire over the last two years due to the Sara Maclachlan (SP?) ads that make it appear that money going to ASPCA will be shared nationwide; they are NOT an umbrella organization.  Their CEO just had a big Q & A meeting with other shelter leaders in CA this year and actually asked, "Do you think the current advertising campaign (out of state) is dishonest, misleading or unethical?"  The answers were pretty unanimous.  Ask any local shelter how much funding they have currently (or ever) received from the ASPCA.  What they DO, however, is offer Emily Weiss' services for the SAFER certification and Meet Your Match Program; of course, this is for a fee.  The HSUS, however, has given funds, offered services, etc, to shelters who are strapped for cash.

Matt Green

Hercsmom:

--- Quote from: MattG on September 30, 2009, 11:07:35 PM ---Actually not.  The ASPCA has been coming under a lot of fire over the last two years due to the Sara Maclachlan (SP?) ads that make it appear that money going to ASPCA will be shared nationwide; they are NOT an umbrella organization.  Their CEO just had a big Q & A meeting with other shelter leaders in CA this year and actually asked, "Do you think the current advertising campaign (out of state) is dishonest, misleading or unethical?"  The answers were pretty unanimous.  Ask any local shelter how much funding they have currently (or ever) received from the ASPCA.  What they DO, however, is offer Emily Weiss' services for the SAFER certification and Meet Your Match Program; of course, this is for a fee.  The HSUS, however, has given funds, offered services, etc, to shelters who are strapped for cash.

Matt Green

--- End quote ---

I know plenty pitiful shelters that have gotten and still get help from the "A" .

Both HSUS and other orgs including the ASPCA have dumped tons of money into the dogs in this case. Thank God they did.
Thats a lot of freaking dogs.

Hercsmom:
But I do agree Matt, the organizations are a huge fund raising machines.

Did you see this video of one of the seizure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL_6Dr8uy5w

anyway check this out, its about HSUS scamming money .... I had no idea this happened.. WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbuYFAvcsBY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version